Skip to main content

Mac: enviroment variable JAVA_HOME set

I was building some java tools (OpenNLP), but it required me to set the variable JAVA_HOME in my Macbook.

First, I tried with "which java" and it led me to "/usr/bin/java", which is not a direct link (?!).

After a while, I found something like "/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home" but it didn't work as well.

So finally:


export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/Home


:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random variables

A random variable is a mapping from a sample space to real numbers $\Omega \rightarrow \mathrm{R}$ At a certain point in most probability courses, we don't see the sample space, but it's always there, lurking in the background. For example: Let $\Omega = \{(x,y); x^2 + y^2 \leq 1\}$ be the unit disc. Consider drawing a point "at random" from $\Omega$. Outcome: $\omega = (x,y)$. Examples of random variables: $X(\omega) = x$, $X(\omega) = y$, $Z(\omega) = x + y$

SAXParser: too many exceptions for invalid XML character..

I'm working on my Similarity Search project, in which I have to implement the Tree Edit Distance and Traversal String Edit Distance. Trees are all represented in XML format and I'm using SAXParser to parse those XML files in java. I've used it a lot of times before but still, I don't quite like. So my first step is to create a valid XML database. However, "valid" to be parsed using SAXParser is complicated!! Here is what I get again and again: File Read Error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException : The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup. org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup. The reasons can be different, like: - Tags cannot contain number (e.g., is an invalid tag) - Tags cannot contain some symbols, like {, ., ?, etc. ("_" or "-" is fine) - Tags cannot be empty However, in my database, all of the tag are numbers.. To make it a valid XML fi...